Our skin is the most sensitive part of our body. A mild prick can send sensations to the spine. Therefore, it is very crucial to take special care of this sensory modality. The cosmetic, makeup and beauty market is flooded with numerous products. Thus, indecisiveness is inevitable and understandable. However, before putting anything on your skin, you must know your skin.
Skin looks pretty simple, but is a complex structure with even more intriguing facts about it.
Below is a list of 10 such facts. Check them out!
- Skin is the largest organ of the body, accounting for about 15% of an average human’s total body weight. Being the largest of all the organs of the body, it is the most vulnerable to infections and diseases.
- The skin has special kinds of glands, known as sebaceous glands. These glands are responsible for producing the oil that you find every day on your face after waking up in the morning. Swollen sebaceous glands are responsible for acne breakouts, the most common and dreaded issue in women.
- The skin has tiny pores all over it. These pores enable perspiration, breathing, and exchange of nutrients. Clogged pores cause skin problems such as blackheads and whiteheads.
- Dark skin is scientifically considered healthier. The black pigment, which makes the skin look dark, is called melanin. Melanin is known to protect the skin from harmful cancer-causing rays of the sun.
- Skin, which is light in colour, is more sensitive. Light skinned people are more prone to suntan and sunburn. Sun rays can easily penetrate their skin and irritate the cells.
- The skin sheds itself at regular intervals. Dead skin cells naturally shed and new skin cells are formed.
- Oily skin is more sensitive to humidity and weather change. People who have an acne prone skin, often experience breakouts during monsoons.
- Skin is very susceptible to bacterial infestation. If you pop a pimple, a large number of bacteria and other microbes start feeding on it and make it worse.
- Skin that is dry in nature is prone to chipping and flaking. People with dry skin also have breakouts. Because of the lack of oil in the skin, the glands produce extra oil and clog the pores. This traps in the dirt and causes breakouts.
- The surface area of the skin is large, obviously, making it stretch which cause continuous stretching, contracting and retracting. This makes the skin even more sensitive because of the continuous friction.
All these facts make it very important to use only those makeup and beauty cosmetic products that are safe and gentle on the skin. Cosmetic products and makeup, that are made keeping in mind the physiology of the skin, are the best. There are various sites that sell cosmetic products in Pakistan. These products are made with the best ingredients and are completely safe. Pakistan online stores are flooded with quality beauty and safe cosmetic products since safe cosmetics are the need of the hour.
Anceru.com is one such chemical free makeup online store in Pakistan that sells quality products with assured authenticity. Don’t forget to visit Anceru.com, if you wish to lurk through the world of safe and top quality cosmetics. We wish you a happy and safe cosmetic shopping.